This site is devoted to software for Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM). Currently, the focus is on the DigitalMicrograph platform by Gatan, Inc., which dominates now in the field. We target users who wish to do more with DigitalMicrograph, but are not necessarily capable of programming. The temDM site presents a number of open source scripts for DigitalMicrograph and easily-installed plugins extending the standard functionality of DigitalMicrograph.
- Example: temDM MSA package makes Multivariate Statistical analysis of EELS and EDX spectrum-images.
- user-friendly extraction of PCA components
- NIPALS and SVD algorithm for PCA
- Improved quality of PCA by removal of data outliers
- data denoising by truncation of PCA components
- compression of data using PCA
- various methods (ICA, varimax…) of rotating PCA components for their better interpretation
- easy clustering in the space of PCA components
- adjustment of end-member spectra for easy interpretation of PCA results and optimization of end-members with Alternate Least Square (ALS) fit